Sunday, December 6, 2009

If the shoe fits

WARNING!!! If you are my wife or my mother, as you continue reading this, remember that time heals all and that not everything lasts forever...

These are us enjoying the Orange brownies that were sent to us. I gave some to my friends and they were thoroughly impressed.
Smith, Partridge, Tony and Mike Crandall
The action shot of us eating. Can't you almost taste the orangy goodness? For recipes ask Shannon or my parents. Believe me you'll want to.
So, though I previously showed you some faux horseshoe pictures, now you are getting the full monty. It used to be that the horseshoe was an appropriate Marine Corps haircut. it followed the guidlines of maximum and minimum length, appropriate taper and shaven at the bottom. However, it was also the ugliest thing ever. So the Marine Corps identified it by name and outlawed it. However, Sailors don't usually like ugly haircuts so it has never been a problem for us. This differing set of rules creates a perfect storm, if you will, for me to show how "motivated" I am. As I am allowed to "sport" this egregious sculpting of hair and the Marines aren't, I am giving hope to all those who wish they could disfigure their bodies as proudly and purposefuly, as I have done.








As I mentioned in the intro, this in time will heal. Until then, Semper Fi!

1 comment:

  1. Sydney and I both gagged at the same time when we saw this hair. Sydney said "mom it looks like a horse shoe. I do not like that look at all." Heal it quickly mikey

    ReplyDelete