Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Dessert Challenge

Christmas is often a time for being together with family and friends. I am happy my family doesn't have to be here in Afghanistan but to help enjoy the time together some of the Marines and myself got to gether for a friendly dessert eating challenge. Here are some pics below. The rules were basically, every person got to pick a dessert and everyone had to finish it. If you couldn't, then you were eliminated. There was a time limit in the form of: the the last person had 5 minutes to finish the dessert in hand after the first to last person was done. Time wasn't an issue, intestinal fortitude was.

CPl's Roche and Bowling enjoying round 5-Ice Cream
Roche not enjoying round 4 - 2 Cookies
Sgt Cruzado thoroughly enjoying round 1 Pudding (2 big scoops)

Round 2. Chocolate Cake was rich and dense. The desserts never made me so full, it was the richness I just couldn't handle.

More round one. Things to be noted: 1. We all ate dinner first, except for Cpl Phillips (bottom right.) He tied for 7 desserts completed with Roche but due to not eating dinner he gets second place and an asterisk. He is not very happy about that either. 2. the rounds were Pudding, chocolate cake, Pumpkin pie, 2 Cookies, 2 scoops ice cream, orange jello with fruit (I finished sixth earning me third place overall. 8 of us participated) and round 7 was an ice cream bar. The Final two agreed to tie at seven, though I explained that Roche won. We all felt sick afterwards. Some threw up but all of us gained weight and gave our pancreases a terrible insult. Tis the season.




2 comments:

  1. Mike, we love love love our flag. thank you so much! I think our kids were attempting some sort of sugar ingesting contest like you guys did. I think we are going to have to do a sugar detox for the next week to cleanse them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You are totally welcome. It is nice to be able to give something cool sometimes. Presents are often useful but not always memorable.

    ReplyDelete