Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Night Shift

So, the other night all the Staff noncommissioned officers and Officers were asked to work on this runway we are building. We were out from about 1800-0100. While cold and exhausting, it was also a lot of fun. Working together and talking, joking and doing something to help the young guys who get to do this all throughout the day was great. Here are some O.K. pictures elucidating the event.

Notice all the cold weather gear. Slamming mat is a little more complicated than laying bricks. The pieces are heavy, don't always lay flat and they don't always fit together so nicely. However, we had a great time.

Chief pushing a port-o-john over with CDR Tucker still inside. Not really, but this really is my worst nightmare. When I have to use the port-o-john in the middle of the night, I fear this sight. If it ever happened, I might not recover.
Deza, Lozada and Alberto manning the front desk and admiring...



the totally awesome tree their LT acquired for them. Long story short. I was driving, saw one, pulled over and asked the British guys how much they wanted for it and they just gave it to me for free. Seriously. No theft or bartering took place. Maybe I just have a silver tongue?  Now it is now dressed and most importantly, the BAS smells like pine. Delicious. Nothing reminds me of home as much as a Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment