Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

Here I am holding a British issue rifle. Note the magazine is posterior to the trigger. It is an odd design (at least by american standards) but I thought the folks at home would find it interesting. You are right, it has little to do with Christmas; unless I took it home, then somebody would be having a really good Christmas.

Me and Lt Bruce marvelling at the Christmas Decor in the dining facility. Amazing Ice Sculptures. The food was quite good that day.
Incredible trees of candy and frosting!
There are small contingencies of soldiers here at this base. Germans, Romanians, a few British and the French. The French were in fine spirits on Christmas eve. They went around the whole camp singing Christmas carols. Here a French soldier dressed up as Santa poses with me and a corporal. The French are allowed to drink out here and had certainly opened the wine before they went out carolling.

What I got for Christmas. Some DVD's I wanted, a CD and a Cardinals Tee. Thanks Mom, Dad, Jay, Yvonne, Shannon and Santa.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like there was a good supply of the Bordens Egg Nog for Christmas. I like the British Enfield L85 rifle. From what i have seen to is supposedly easier to control when firing on full auto.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete