Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kids and Kidds

So we went to a range the other day to watch the Afghan National Army practice. It was quite an experience. Civillians and livestock all over the place. Much different to what I am used to.

Me behind the kids. I didn't want to get too close and scare them away. Just so my wife knows I am still kind and the long months here haven't made me too battle hard, I did give them all fruit roll ups for their hard work posing for these pictures.
Some Afghani kids just walked out of nowhere onto the range where we were practicing. That is wrong on so many levels but it is just the way it is here. What I find interesting, is that despite their deplorable conditions, they still look happy and oh so cute.
A friendly goat. This however, is not a petting zoo and I have no idea what kind of diseases these animals were carrying so I am only pretending to pet it. No actual petting happened.
Here I am trying to get a shot of me with the mountains in the background. You can see the fellow behind me wanted to get into the picture.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for blogging, nice to see things from your point of view

    ReplyDelete