Saturday, November 21, 2009

Random Pics

So here are some random pics form the past few months I have been here. I have some more on my camera I need to upload, but the timing has just not been right. I just came back from a FOB (Forward Operating Base) and have some exciting pictures from that adventure. However, for now you will have to gnaw on these random pictures. In no specific order here they are.

This CH 53 is down and out. Look, you can see the propellars removed and placed on a makeshift rack to the right. I am not positive, but I think they cannibalize this helo for parts to keep the others up and running. This model, the CH 53 D, leaks hydraulic fluid everywhere. On a recent trip I got off this type of helo with drenched pants and blouse stained with hydraulic fluid. Not cool. The slow drip, drip, drip while you are immobile, squished inside of a full helicopter surrounded by gear, bags and other Marines/Sailors is uncomfortable at best.
Here is an old (circa September) picture of me. This one is for the kids. Like I said at the start, random.
A very happy Chief Stubbs. We caught him teaching the sailors. Hoo rah!.

Stein-O-Mite! Nuff Said.
This is the front desk, being manned by our corpsman. Note the happy looks on their faces. Isn't that the sight you want to walk into when you are sick or otherwise afflicted? It sure is for me.
Just to reemphasize, I do have some good pictures coming, and the next blog will be more substantial. Until then, Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment