Thursday, November 12, 2009

BAR B Q

So this blog is to tell you about our Nov 11th celebration. The Marine Corps birthday is on the 10th but we had our shindig on the 11th because we are so far east we didn't want it before the rest of the Marine Corps. Anyway you will see a bunch of grills, food and some cooks. The Marine cooks or "Food Service" personnell are great. When I first met them I thought to myself "you joined the Marine Corps and they made you a cook, that sucks." But you know what, they absolutely love it. They have very high standards and whenever they cook, you know the food will be good. On multiple occassions they have complained and got things changed in chow halls that were not keeping good hygiene or high levels of excellence. It made me laugh at first but now I can say that I know they really love their job and they sure are good at it. As an aside, one of the best things about the Marines is that they are always happy. Sure not everybody every minute, but the Marines are always in a good mood and seemingly better as things get worse. It is inspiring and infectious. I love serving with Marines and am proud to be counted among them.

Some cooks flexing in preparation of the event ahead. Note, these are some of the fittest Marines we have.
After what I said above, is it any wonder a Marine Cook wouldn't want one of these! Grrrrr.

They're heating up!


Chicken
Steak. Mmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment