Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kyrgi wares

Here are pictures of and from inside a traditional Kyrgistani tent, I think. The pictures are real but I am assuming the tent is traditional. I think that tourists and servicemen sometimes get taken advantage of by locals in buying stuff they think is real but could come from anywhere. Anyway, enough of my personal bias. This is the tent, the doors were very small about 3 feet high.

The next picture is of the inside of the tent and the ornate decorations on the ceiling. The hats are some of the goods they were selling. There were other things including air force shot glasses, barack obama painted on those little wooden dolls that when you open them there is a smaller yet identical doll inside that opens to reveal a smaller yet identical doll etc. ( I assume those are not traditional) But there were also these hats. They looked traditional but again who is to say.

Lastly, I took a picture of me in front of the pizza hut. Basically a large 18 wheeler trailer with a window on the side. I will try to get another.




3 comments:

  1. These all look very "Spies Like Us" I love it!!!

    Pretty cool looking base. Keep up the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike....love all the pics. I also think the huge inflatable tents are awesome. we'll be watching for blog updates, so keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete