Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The comforts of home



These are some pics from inside the BAS. This is the back where we habg out. The computers are very slow here. But as you can see, there is dust everywhere, it pewrvades everything but we are still smiling.


















This section as you might have guessed is on the "Nice" bathrooms here. I say nice because the alternative is port o johns. And poop baking in the 110 degree weather all day is not nice. But form the outside these large metal boxes look very unassuming. Inside they are a treasure trove of hygiene. You will notice the showers with a push button. Like the faucet at a gas station you push them on and they stay on for about 8-10 seconds then automatically go off. The idea is to get wet, then lather with the water off and then push again to wash off. Low pressure, usually warm, wishing for showers from home.


The urinal like at an A's game is nice but takes up room that could be used for a bench to lay your stuff on while showering. The toilets look ok but the room is very small. My knees hit the walls when I sit down. Our larger marines can't fit in there, Chad is too tall to use these. It is a bit akward trying to sit down on one.

Look, I am not trying to complain but I think this will wear on me for 7 months. I have yet to find a permanent toilet here but there are other camps and I am on the look out.






















O.k. this section was on really cool vehicles found on base. The first is the John Rambo truck. I believe the Danish own these. The one pictured above is one of four. One says John on it with the Rambo picture. Then there is the one shown above. There are also two trucks that look the same with the names Chuck and Norris on them both with Chuck Norris on them. It's good to think that the Danes are picking respectful American heroes to posterize their vehicles.


The other two vehicles are called the jingle trucks. Locals decorate their trucks for reasons beyond me. Some can be very ornate. If you notice they have metal chains hanging off the front and so they jingle when they drive around. Thus the name.
















Hey, these pics didn't make it on the last blog. They are some Disneyland pics of us eating some bingets (probably misspelled) at the D.L. The kids were a bit younger, Andrew and I a bit Chubbier. I thought you are could use a couple throwback pics. I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment