Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Food, water and gyms: military essentials



I had to show you this picture. Do you see how many water bottles there are in there? This is at the gym. I drank like five water bottles the first night and was up 3 times to use the bathroom. The second day I was at the gym for 4 hours playing basketball and volleyball and drank 4 just in those 4 hours. There are fridges like this all over the base. They are trying to keep us hydrated and I think its working. There are a lot of free things at this base. Water, food, all kinds including candy bars, gatorade. I will have to get a picture of the dining facility (DFAC). It has three lines for hot food, a panini maker open 24/7, cereals juices milks fresh fruit, cookies everything. It is truly amazing, but I digress, for some reason food is always on my mind.

Below are pictures of the gym, a giant tent with these plastic/synthetic floors made up of thousands 8 inch by 8 inch tiles. It has volleyball, basketball, a ton of weights and equipment and t.v.s showing espn, sports news all 12-24 hours old.

The last picture is of our weapons locked up in the giant tent we stay in. This picture is for the gun loving members of my family, I thought they would like it. You can see behind the weapons are our racks. Bunk beds very close together with old worn out mattresses. The beds go about 3 or 4 deep to the wall on either side of the room. Its crowded but it is nice to sleep on a mattress versus a cot.





No comments:

Post a Comment