Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Finishing up

One of my last nights in Afghanistan. Just chilling, talking outside the coffee shop and we met some brits. One had this new grenade launcher so I grabbed a picture. Note it looks like there is a little gun on the front of this rifle. That is the grenade launcher. It is removable if you want to use it by itself. Some U.S. SWAT and other teams use them. Just thought it was cool.

Here is us getting on the plane out of the Stan. Just trying to give you some idea of how big it is. I was one of the last ones on. When I got in, 6 of us didn't have seats. They said they were going to have to leave us 6. I lost all control. I started looking all over for a seat. THere were plenty of seats (a lot of bags were on seats that just got put on the ground) However, for like 30 seconds I was very concerned. I made it out though, so no worries.
Here is me about to get on the plane. This picture doesn't do justice for how excited I am.

I am currently residing in Manas, Kyrgystan. I stopped here on the way in you may remember.

1 comment: